Friday, January 15, 2010

Fabulous Fitness Fridays

Allow yourself occasional special treats. Otherwise you'll probably eventually just give up your new-found healthy lifestyle altogether, or go on infrequent but damning binges.

I personally allow myself an extra dessert on Wednesdays, my intense "writing workout" nights.

I try to stick to something small...like a 1000 calorie Ultimate Brown Sunday with ice cream, lots of whipped cream, maracino cherries (really a miracle in themselves), tons of nuts and extra hot fudge sauce. This is extra good with a large sweetened and flavored iced tea to wash it all down. And, since I'm there for so long, I always make sure the drinks have free refills.

Like I said, an occasional special treat is fine.

1 comment:

  1. You had me for a minute. I think the 1000 calories didn't include the lo-cal extras. :)

    ReplyDelete