Thursday, October 8, 2009

Adventures on a Bike - Red Hot Spandex Biker Shorts

As biking season is quickly coming to an end, I thought it might be fun to write a little series of blogs about the exciting adventures I’ve had this year.



Adventures on a Bike, Part 1

I’m riding along one day, when I get that eerie tingly feeling, the one you feel when you’re sure someone is watching you. I glance back over my shoulder and see a rusty blue pickup truck slowing down and pulling into the right lane, closest to the sidewalk, but no people. I shake my head, thinking I must be going crazy…er.

Not ten seconds later, I see the old pickup ease next to me, going maybe 10 miles an hour. I wrinkle up my forehead wondering what this could be about and try to sneak another glance at the truck without falling off my bike. As I do, the passenger side window rolls down.

The driver leans waaay over and yells out the window at me, “Damn, you look ree-eal good on that bike!” I could only laugh.

Not many people can pull off red hot, short short, spandex biking shorts, but apparently you are acquainted with one of the few. Aren’t you proud?

3 comments:

  1. See, now if someone saw me riding a bike, they would roll down their window and ask where the bike seat is

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fair to post that without a picture...

    ReplyDelete