Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Question FULL RESPONSE!

Apparently your response to the random question is limited to 400 characters...my original response was a few more, here it is in all it's glory!

For your birthday, your aunt gave you a maple syrup dispenser shaped like a rooster. Please write her a thank-you note:

Dearest Aunt Gertrude,

I was very surprised to receive the birthday gift from you this year, as I was fairly certain you'd died last year. I even went to my file cabinet and found the program from the funeral to make sure, and I did indeed find it. However, since I did indeed receive a package in the mail, post-dated shortly before this year's birthday, and because my mother taught me that every gift requires a thank you note, I am writing to thank you for the very generous gift. My family did receive many interesting and old pieces of yours from your daughter after the funeral, and I'm quite certain the rooster shaped maple syrup dispenser will fit right in. I have always thought we needed a classier way of serving our syrup with our breakfast than straight out of the bottle. My husband even likes it enough to promise not to break it, or lose it in the next move as he did with the 17 cut glass nut dishes and the 24 mismatched serving dishes only usable for a formal cocktail party, which only came with 13 glasses, also mismatched. We found a perfect place for the rooster shaped maple syrup dispenser between the single egg poacher we received and the non-functional oriental coffee serving set.
Thank you again,
Your caring and affectionate great-niece,
Penney

No comments:

Post a Comment